[webkit-dev] split webkit library to smaller ones

Bin Chen binary.chen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 22:54:59 PST 2008

Hello,

I am compiling the webkit for MIPS, and in the finally stage to
product the GTK port library, it errors about the GOT overflow.
After google I see its because the object file is too large that one
GOT can't fill. Although my toolchain is quite new(GCC 4.1.2, binutils
2.17) it still can't successfully link. I know I can't expect I can
solve the problem in webkit side, but I suggest webkit dev team to
consider to split the one-large-so to some small DSOs then this should
be make the entire webkit solution more easier to port.

Thanks.
Bin