[webkit-dev] webkit build with -g option

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Fri Feb 1 18:33:42 PST 2008

On 02/02/2008, at 00:42, Srinivas Rao M Hamse wrote:

> Hi Mark/Oliver
>

> That does the same thing as running 'set-webkit-configuration --debug'
> followed by 'build-webkit', that is it also unsets NDEBUG which leads
> to assertions and logging code being compiled in.  I think the answer
> to the original question will depend on which port of WebKit (and thus
> which build system: Xcode, Visual Studio, Qmake, Autotools, or
> Bakefile) they are using.
>
> Precisely the behavior with these two options are same. I want to
> disable NDEBUG from my build.
>
> I am trying to complie the r26699 build on linux with gtk port
> option on Linux. Just want the line number information for debugging
> with gdb.
>
>  ./build-webkit --gtk --debug

The easiest way I can think of to do what you want would be to make a
small change to WebKit.pri.  Changing:

CONFIG(release) {
     DEFINES += NDEBUG
}

to:

DEFINES += NDEBUG

will lead to both debug and release builds having assertions and
logging disabled.  If you then build for debug, you should have
symbols in your build.  It may be possible to have build-webkit do
this via a command-line argument, but I'm not sure on the specifics of
that.

Hope this helps.

Mark