[webkit-dev] about focus

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:18:05 PST 2008

On 30/12/08 00:47, zhenghe zhang wrote:
>        I have a problem about webkit,I hope you help me,thank you
> Like the IE, if a "htmltag" obtain the focus, there is a box which surround
> the "htmltag".

I think you'll find the presence of a focus ring is by design.

Usability Glossary: focus ring:
http://www.usabilityfirst.com/glossary/main.cgi?function=display_term&term_id=413

Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (web content should indicate
focus):
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#navigation-mechanisms-focus-visible

User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (user agents should indicate focus):
http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-USERAGENT/guidelines.html#tech-interaction-highlight

User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (user agents should follow
platform conventions for indicating focus):
http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-USERAGENT/guidelines.html#tech-selection-focus-conventions

Apple Human Interface Guidelines (focus guidelines):
http://tinyurl.com/8ae9sr

Microsoft Guidelines for Keyboard User Interface Design:
http://tinyurl.com/a6r62d

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis