[webkit-dev] SquirrelFish Extreme for non x-86 platforms

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Dec 25 15:44:50 PST 2008

On Dec 25, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> All of the #if branches allocateBlock will guarantee 64k alignment,
> which is what is required. That's with the exception of the
> PLATFORM(SYMBIAN) branch, which appears to be incorrect. I would
> expect it to lead to crashes as a result of incorrect garbage
> collection.
>
> Does anyone know if Symbian has an official way to get an aligned
> chunk of memory?

 From some cursory Google searching it appears to me you could
probably get a 64k-aligned chunk of memory on Symbian using the
"RChunk" API, specifically by creating  a double-ended chunk and then
adjusting its top and bottom to provide the proper size and alignment.
I think someone familiar with Symbian development should fix this code
properly.

Regards,
Maciej