[webkit-dev] Canvas API in Webkit

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Dec 25 10:09:00 PST 2008

On Dec 24, 2008, at 7:48 PM, Lucius Fox wrote:

> Thanks. I think Safari has a 'history' feature or Nokia S60 browser
> which shows each url in history as a preview image.

Not the desktop version of Safari, but yes, the mobile Safari has
something like this. I think the Nokia browser does too.

> Can you please tell me how if that is true and how is that implement?

Well, those browsers aren't open source, so there's no real way for
you to find out how they implemented the feature.

I think it's safe to assume that they draw the web pages into a bitmap
and then shrink the image.

It certainly has nothing to do with the HTML <canvas> element in
either case.

     -- Darin