[webkit-dev] XMLHttpRequest and Workers

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Tue Dec 16 08:58:17 PST 2008

Dec 16, 2008, в 7:45 PM, Darin Fisher написал(а):

> I'm not much of a fan of this idea, because we want to make Worker
> functionality closer to main thread one in the future, and this
> would be a step in opposite direction. On the other hand, this
> division can be undone later if needed, so it all depends on how
> much forking needs to be introduced in XMLHttpRequest otherwise.
>
> Can you elaborate on those future plans?  You want to allow the
> responseXML method of XHR to work in the future?  To expose "data
> DOM" support to workers?  Or, are there other things as well?

Yes, I think that this is something developers will naturally expect,
and will ask us to implement. Even the original version of the spec
said that "data DOM" had to be supported, although that was quickly
removed due to implementor feedback.

This is not a specific plan yet.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov