[webkit-dev] Problems with threads and using Javascript

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Wed Dec 3 00:04:08 PST 2008

Hi!

Dec 3, 2008, в 5:24 AM, Weber, Bernd написал(а):

> I can open and close windows for as long as I like. Only if I do it
> from within the thread it just suddenly stops working.

This is expected, because WebKit is not thread safe.

JavaScriptCore is thread safe, but not for using the same context on
multiple threads, see comments before JSContextGroupCreate() in
JSContextRef.h for more information. For this reason, any context
passed from WebKit into callbacks can only be used from main thread.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov