[webkit-dev] Help with Python and WebKit?

Norman Walsh ndw at nwalsh.com
Tue Dec 2 05:15:35 PST 2008

Hi,

I hope this is a reasonable list for this question. Apologies in advance
if it isn't.

I'm running OS X 10.5 and I'm trying to use an application that relies
on the pyobjc libraries. It begins with a few imports:

  import Foundation
  import WebKit
  import AppKit
  import objc

All of these succeed *except* WebKit. The WebKit import always fails
with a "no module named WebKit" error.

Hunting about on the net didn't lead anywhere. At first it seemed like
maybe I needed the WebKit SDK from ADC, but I couldn't locate it and
eventually concluded (perhaps incorrectly) that it wasn't needed with
10.5.

Anyone got a clue by four?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm