[webkit-dev] webkit r38760 degrades performance significantly

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Mon Dec 1 08:48:02 PST 2008

On Nov 28, 2008, at 3:18 AM, Dave Cronk wrote:

> As reported earlier the r38760 build caused a 5% degradation in
> performance on my MBP 17.  Now the r38826 build has caused a further
> degradation. During this period the Safari browser has maintained a
> score of about 3300.
>
> Prior to r38760 - about 830
> After r38760 - about 870
> After r38826 - about 900
>
> Please let me now if I'm the only one seeing this degradation and
> I'll check for any other possible explanations.

It sounds like you're running nightly builds. I think some other
responders to this thread have assumed that you meant that the actual
code change that resulted in r38760 being committed to Subversion
caused a performance regression, while what you really mean (I think)
is that the r38760 nightly build is slower than some nightly build
prior to it.

Can you tell us which builds you ran and the "score" you obtained for
each? (How was the "score" determined, btw?)

-Adam