[webkit-dev] how do you do callbacks out of webkit into c++, objC or other bindings - e.g. "onclick" ?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Aug 30 17:35:57 PDT 2008

pyjamas-desktop is the test-case for the glib bindings - but ignore that,
i have a general question for which pyj/d is a specific case:

in javascript, you can set an element's "onclick" method.  how the heck do
i get a callback, into c++, objc or any other binding, from an "onclick"?

is there a mechanism for calling back, from javascript, into the "bindings"?

so, for example, i could set an element's "onclick" method to call
"hello_now_we_are_going_to_pass_all_our_arguments_to_the_binding(...)"?

i've already set up an EventListener (using addWindowEventListener) but
that's far from ideal, although it does take in eeeverything, which is
required in a lot of instances in pyjamas, to handle e.g. mouse-move
events, and to handle "event preview", thus allowing opportunities to
stop event propagation...

.. all that's taken care of.

what _isn't_ taken care of is overriding window "onresize", element "onclick",
window "onbeforeclose", window "close", element "onblur" and all the other
loovely events that are usually the exclusive domain of javascript.

.. how do i get em? :)

tia,

l.