[webkit-dev] downloading src

Jack Wootton jackwootton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 02:38:13 PDT 2008

OK, so I decided to start over and remove the entire WebKit directory.
 Now I get the following error when attempting to download / checkout
the src using the following command:

svn checkout http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk WebKit

/************** Start error ***********************/

svn: In directory 'WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding'
svn: Error processing command 'readonly' in 'WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding'
svn: Can't change perms of file
'WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding/.svn/text-base/decoder-allow-null-chars.html.svn-base':
No such file or directory

/************** Finish error ***********************/

Inside the WebKit directory I have the following (permissions, size, name):

/************** Start directory listing ***********************/

drwxr-xr-x+, 0, BugsSite
-rw-r--r--, 119665, ChangeLog
-rw-r--r--, 12862, GNUmakefile.am
drwxr-xr-x+, 0, JavaScriptCore
drwxr-xr-x+, 0, JavaScriptGlue
drwxr-xr-x+, 0, LayoutTests
-rw-r--r--, 1240, Makefile.shared
drwxr-xr-x+, 0, PageLoadTests
drwxr-xr-x+, 0, PlanetWebKit
drwxr-xr-x+, 0, WebCore
drwxr-xr-x+, 0, WebKit
-rw-r--r--, 258, WebKit.pro
drwxr-xr-x+, 0, WebKitLibraries

/************** Finish directory listing ***********************/

The size of many of the directories is 0.  I assume this is a symptom
of the error message I received?  Any suggestions about the cause or
what I can do to solve it?

Many thanks,
Jack

--