[webkit-dev] Is there a way to avoid the 16.8 MB RegisterFile memory usage?

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Mon Aug 25 17:41:04 PDT 2008

The RegisterFile is the amount of memory available on the JS stack,
reducing it directly reduces the amount of stack, and hence recursion,
that js code can do.  That said, the RegisterFile allocation should
result in delayed paging -- eg. it should only be reserving address
space, and the OS won't actually allocate memory until we attempt to
use it.  At least if mmap exists and is usable.

--Oliver