[webkit-dev] Undefined symbols error

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Wed Aug 20 23:38:03 PDT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 11:29 PM, Andy wrote:

> Hi, all,

> Undefined symbols:
>  "_kSCPropNetProxiesHTTPSPort", referenced from:
>      _kSCPropNetProxiesHTTPSPort$non_lazy_ptr in main.o
>  "_SCDynamicStoreCreate", referenced from:
>      GetHTTPSProxySetting(char*, unsigned long, unsigned short*)in
> main.o
>  "_SCError", referenced from:
>      GetHTTPSProxySetting(char*, unsigned long, unsigned short*)in
> main.o
>  "_SCErrorString", referenced from:
>      GetHTTPSProxySetting(char*, unsigned long, unsigned short*)in
> main.o
>  "_kSCPropNetProxiesHTTPSEnable", referenced from:
>      _kSCPropNetProxiesHTTPSEnable$non_lazy_ptr in main.o
>  "_SCDynamicStoreCopyProxies", referenced from:
>      GetHTTPSProxySetting(char*, unsigned long, unsigned short*)in
> main.o
>  "_kSCPropNetProxiesHTTPSProxy", referenced from:
>      _kSCPropNetProxiesHTTPSProxy$non_lazy_ptr in main.o
>  "_SCDynamicStoreSetValue", referenced from:
>      GetHTTPSProxySetting(char*, unsigned long, unsigned short*)in
> main.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I wrote an application about proxy setting, it compiles success, but
> link error, error information shows above.
> What libs should I link with according to the information above ?

These symbols are all from SystemConfiguration.framework.

This WebKit-dev list is specifically about development of and with
WebKit.  In the future, it would be better to ask development
questions about different topics on a different mailing list, such as <http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/listinfo/macosx-dev
hosted on <http://lists.apple.com/> (<http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/macnetworkprog
 > appears relevant to your interests based on your recent emails).

Kind regards,

- Mark