[webkit-dev] Ajax in webkit ?

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Wed Aug 20 02:48:34 PDT 2008

Hi Vasant

You would not find any reference to "ajax" as ajax is not a single
technology, it is a term used to describe the use of a combination of
javascript and asynchronous XMLHttpRequest.  These technologies are
obviously supported by WebKit, as otherwise WebKit based browsers
(such as Safari, Shiira, Epiphany, ...) would be unable to use many
modern websites.

If you search the source for "XMLHttpRequest" you will also discover
the many files that make up XHR and the associated API's.

--Oliver