[webkit-dev] Request for comments

Jack Wootton jackwootton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:34:59 PDT 2008

I think perhaps this depends on how you choose to categorise what has
(not) happened to the s60 webkit port.  I choose to view it at a
company granularity, here's why: It is the same company, the same
legal entity, the same policies, same guidelines, same work ethics
etc.  While you no doubt feel it counter productive to tackle the s60
webkit issues now, and it may be so in the short time, I have little
doubt that it will be just as counter productive long term, if they
are ignored.

For a quick gain from Nokia, you are advocating Nokia's behaviour
toward the open source community who wish to use s60 webkit.  You are
communicating that it is OK for Nokia to leave a mainline broken for a
year, to provide little documentation, almost zero community support
and absolutely no communication regarding future development.
Nothing.  While perhaps this demonstrates your passion for moving
webkit forward, it also demonstrates a worryingly fickle approach to
open source communities.

--
Regards
Jack