[webkit-dev] Reducing the size of libQtWebKit.so

Dominik Roettsches Dominik.Roettsches at access-company.com
Mon Aug 11 05:21:46 PDT 2008

Hello Saravanan,

> i have successfully compiled and run webkit using Qtopia
> core on ARM platform. But the the size of the webkit library
> --libQtWebKit.so.4.3.3 is very large(of 20 MB).
> Can anyone say me how to reduce the size of this library?

I only compiled the GTK, not the Qt version for ARM, but got it down to
around 9,9MB.
Did you try removing all symbols by either setting -g0 as a compile
option or using the "strip" command line tool?
You might also try setting -Os (optimize for size) as a compile option
by prefixing CXXFLAGS=-Os to calling ./configure.
If all else fails you might also disable some WebKit features to further
reduce size.

HTH & regards,

Dominik