[webkit-dev] Webkit failed to build because of lacking hard drive space?

Huan Truong huantnh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 08:07:17 PDT 2008

Hi,

I received this error message while building WebCore (r35289 and
r35625) in Cygwin:

12>Linking...
12>fatal error C1083: Cannot open compiler intermediate file:
'D:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\lib\WebCore.lib': Not enough space

And sometimes, it just complained about lacking memory.

I don't think that I'm really running out of memory and/or HDD space
because when I received that message I had 5Gigs free on each of my C:
and D: drive. I had 1.5 Gigs of RAM and 4Gigs swap too. So I don't
know what is going on. D:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\lib\WebCore.lib was about
1.5Gigs. I was able to compile WebKit before and I was able to compile
WebKit r31872 and a couple of other versions on this machine so I
think all of my setup is alright.

Another question: Can I disable SVG / XSLT on Windows build to save
time building those modules, I don't need them anyway. I don't even
need JS. I tried to pass the --no-svg and --no-xslt paramenters on
webkit-build but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the Windows
build.

--
Huan Truong • http://tnhh.info