[webkit-dev] IDL and JavaScript bindings .. ?

Javed Rabbani jrabbani at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 08:49:40 PDT 2008

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Webkit domain. I am initially trying to use Webkit to render a
simple html text file with no graphics. I am confused with the IDL files
that come with Webkit source. Why is there any need to generate JavaScript
bindings via IDL files using Perl scripts. What I want to say is why
these binding files are not part of the source? Everyone will be required to
generate them on his system through the Perl script. If I am trying to
render a plain text message, will I still need to generate these bindings in
order to build successfully? Can I somehow skip these files to simplify the
usage.

Thanks,
J R Shah