[webkit-dev] cross compiling WebKit for MIPS

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Wed Aug 6 00:35:23 PDT 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 12:30 AM, nishit sharma wrote:

> Hi All,
> This time i am cross compiling WebKit for MIPS but facing some issues.
> This time i am facing issue like
> JavaScriptCore/kjs/collector.cpp:437: error: `pthread_getattr_np'
> undeclared (first use this function)
>
> which is given under conditional compilation and it is not defined
> here.
>
> Can anybody tell me what i have to do to make it work on MIPS.

You'll need to determine how to retrieve the base address of the stack
on your platform, and add the appropriate code to
currentThreadStackBase to achieve this.  On many Unix-y platforms we
use pthread_getattr_np followed by pthread_attr_getstack, but these
functions do not exist everywhere.  Once you've coded up a solution
that works on your platform, please submit a patch on https://bugs.webkit.org/
  so that the problem is already solved for others in the future.

Kind regards,

Mark