[webkit-dev] Not getinng POSIX API to get the StackBase

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Sat Aug 2 20:50:54 PDT 2008

On Aug 1, 2008, at 10:18 PM, vasant parab wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am facing few problems in collector.cpp in JavaScriptCore/kjs/
> while running minidom application.
> Is any buddy know POSIX API to get the StackBase and StackSize of

There is no completely portable way to do this, which is why
currentThreadStackBase in collector.cpp is #if'd for various
platforms.  pthread_getattr_np followed by pthread_attr_getstack is
the approach used in our code on some Unix-y platforms.  If you're
porting it to a new platform for which the existing code does not work
correctly you may need to add an additional block in
currentThreadStackBase that does the correct thing for your platform.

- Mark