[webkit-dev] WebKit/GTK+ and N810

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 01:47:10 PDT 2008

2008/7/23 Afonso Costa <afonso.costa at openbossa.org>:
> Hi Kalle,
>
> I upgraded flex in my scratchbox environment and now GtkLauncher is able to
> open www.gtk.org in right way. I compiled flex version 2.3.35 and I replaced
> the old version (/scratchbox/tools/bin/flex) by this one.
>
> Maybe put this information on http://maemo.webkit.org/ would be very helpful
> for other people, wouldn't be?

Well, flex .33 *is* in the dependency lists... ;)

Rather than repeating that, I'd rather see configure.ac checking for
the flex version.
I'm not sure how portable the configure script is supposed to be, but
for example
here is an example of how to check the version when common unix tools (sed, awk)
are available:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/quetzalcoatl/mod_python/trunk/configure.in

Any comments from Alp regarding this? I can cook up a patch if using sed & awk
(or just sed) is ok...

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi