[webkit-dev] regarding Webkit compilation error "redefinition; different storage class"

Paul Monson paulmonson_7 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:34:28 PDT 2008

For what it's worth, I was able to "fix" this by renaming my WebKit tree and performing a new svn checkout to get a clean tree.  Then I ran update-webkit and build-webkit, and no more build errors.

Before I did this I did a clean build from Visual Studio, which fixed some of the generated file errors, but left me with new ones...it seems like there must be a better way to fix this than scrubbing the whole tree, but I haven't figured out what it is.

From: paulmonson_7 at hotmail.comTo: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.orgSubject: RE: [webkit-dev] regarding Webkit compilation error "redefinition; different storage class"Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:00:58 -0700

Hi, Did you ever find a solution for this?   I've been having the same problem since I ran update-webkit yesterday.   At first I thought it was because I was trying to build for cairo on windows, but renamed my source tree, and got all of the sources clean and built without any of the changes listed for cairo on the wiki and I'm still seeing the same problem. Possibly related, I don't remember if these warnings occurred before at the beginning of a build $ build-webkitSubroutine main::tmpfile redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/Exporter.pm line 65. at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/POSIX.pm line 19Subroutine main::tmpnam redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/Exporter.pm line 65. at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/POSIX.pm line 19Checking mod-date of WebKitSupportLibrary.zip...--snip-- 3>C:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\WebCore\DerivedSources\CSSValueKeywords.h(504) : error C2370: 'CSSValue' : redefinition; different storage class3>        C:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\WebCore\DerivedSources\CSSValueKeywords.h(501) : see declaration of 'CSSValue'3>C:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\WebCore\DerivedSources\CSSValueKeywords.h(507) : error C2370: 'CSSValue' : redefinition; different storage class--snip--And here's the lines in the generated file that are causing the error on my build  const int CSSValueLightgray= 430;const int CSSValueLightgreen= 431;const int CSSValueLightgrey= 432; Oddly none of these lines appear to define CSSValue to me... -Paul

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:32:33 +0530From: ahollyhock at gmail.comTo: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.orgSubject: [webkit-dev] regarding Webkit compilation error "redefinition; different storage class"Hi All,This is regarding the previous query which I had posted, the issue has been resolved partly.The file "CSSValueKeywords.h" which was getting generated in the E:\WebKit3.0\WebKitSVN\WebKitBuild\obj\WebCore\DerivedSources was having multiple definitions " const int CSSValue " as followsconst int CSSValue = 22;const int CSSValue= 272;const int CSSValue =315;...etc....Now Webkit is compiling as i have removed the multiple definitions, but a newly generated "CSSValueKeywords.h" still has the same erroneous entry.....There might be some issue in the way the file is being generated.--priyanka