[webkit-dev] Adding Javascript object to Webkit

Lee Ka Yuk kylee at astri.org
Thu Apr 10 20:40:50 PDT 2008

Dear all,

I've tested with JSCore/API and JSCore/binding.
To my surprise, none of the test apps is working.

I don't have <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h> in my platform
(Qtopia/Ubuntu) so I could not pass the build of
JSCore/API/JSStringRefCF.h.
How can I use JSCore/API then?

Then I switched to JSCore/binding and found that testbindings.cpp and
testqtbindings.cpp are out of date.
(Interpreter class has changed its API.)
I see that the latest SVN trunk have JSCore/binding removed (I'm using
r28997).
So I think the only way to go is to get JSCore/API working.

And I still have some questions about JSCore.
What's the correspondence of the life cycle of the JS object to the C++
object?
More specifically, when will the C++ object be constructed? At the same
time a corresponding JSObject is created?
Will the C++ object be deleted when the JSObject is garbage collected?
If not, when should we free the C++ object?

Thanks,
LEE

This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies
of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited.