[webkit-dev] Building errors for Windows

Marcus gamander at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:31:13 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:43 PM, <mluo at tols17.oulu.fi> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build WebKit for Windows. After many time of trying, I still
> couldn't proceed to compile successfully. So instead of scratching my head
> doing nothing, I'd like to ask from the mailing-list for advices.
>
> I tried to build the source in following steps (based on the instruction
> from the webkit.org):
> 1, Cygwin installed.
> 2, Getting the latest source from the trunk, and then "update-webkit". All
> is done without errors.
> 3, All environment setup is done both for Windows environment and VC++
> 2005  environment.
> 4, Tried to build using the script "build-webkit", it failed to compile.
> Only a few libraries were built under the folder
> "WebKit\WebKit\WebKitBuild\lib\".
> 5, Then I tried to build from VC++
> C:\Digia\WebKit\WebKit\win\WebKit.vcproj to see what those errors were.

I recommend that you move the WebKit source tree from C:\Digia into your
cygwin home directory. For example my WebKit installation resides
in D:\cygwin\home\Marcus\WebKit .

Quote: "Note that it is safest to build WebKit in your Cygwin home
directory. At the moment, there seems to be an implicit assumption in the
build scripts that paths will be relative to the home directory."

See http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/BuildingOnWindows