[webkit-dev] _blank hrefs and new windows

Artem Ananiev Artem.Ananiev at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 7 09:09:33 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have experienced the following problem with WebKit (Java port). The
page code is simple:

When I right-click on the first link and select 'Open in a new window'
from context menu, a new window is created and shown - that's fine.
However, left-click on the first link loads the page 'a.html' in the
same window - this looks strange to me as the target is _blank.

The second link behaves as expected: it opens a new window with
left-click and does nothing with right click.

I suppose target="_blank" is handled completely differently than opening
a new window with a context menu. Is it related to popup blocking and
different policies in FrameLoaderClient class? Another strange thing is
that I couldn't find any references to ChromeClient::createWindow()
method - it is responsible for creating a new window, at least triggered
from context menu - other than from ContextMenuController...

Thanks,

Artem