[webkit-dev] Adding Javascript object to Webkit

Lee Ka Yuk kylee at astri.org
Sun Apr 6 21:27:44 PDT 2008

Thanks for the reply from Geoff, MichaelG and Shakti.

What's the dependency/architecture of the folders JSCore/API,
JSCore/binding in JSCore? They both seem to be able to do the same thing
(don't they?), what's the difference then? Geoff suggested JSCore/API
and Shakti suggested JSCore/binding, I'm a little bit confused by that.
WebCore/bindings/js is not needed?
What's the correspondence of the life cycle of the JS object to the C++
object?
I see a constructor for the class and callAsConstructor() member
function. Is the callAsConstructor() only used for "var a = new
Complex(a,b);" situation? When will the destructor be called?

> MichaelG
I refrain from using Qt binding in QT4.4. I don't want my app to bind to
Qt so tightly as my system reached its cap when running Qt and I may
work without Qt someday.

> Shakti
For complex JS object that support
var a = new Complex(a,b);
I've skimmed the code of array_object and simple JS object like Math
will suffice for now.

This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies
of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited.