[webkit-dev] Threading issues regarding Netscape API plugins in WebKit

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Sep 28 10:46:21 PDT 2007

On Sep 28, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Song Yuan wrote:
> Does Netscape APIs in WebKit have similar APIs like
> NPN_PluginThreadAsyncCall (refer to http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/NPN_PluginThreadAsyncCall)
>  in Gecko SDK in Mozilla?

No.

Is this in shipping versions of Firefox? I had the impression this was
just invented and was planned for a future version.
> Will a new thread pawned from plugin main thread be able to invoke
> any JavaScript methods in browser?

This may work, but has not been extensively tested. So it's probably
not a good idea to use this in production code, but it's something you
could experiment with.

The JavaScript engine has support for use from multiple threads
because of its use in proxy auto-configuration files.

     -- Darin