[webkit-dev] Editable selection inside empty element

Frederico Caldeira Knabben fredck at fckeditor.net
Fri Sep 21 04:53:02 PDT 2007

Hi,

It is a pleasure to say that FCKeditor is almost completely working with
Safari. There are still some issues, but we'll be able to finally declare
official support for Safari 3. Thanks for the hard work at WebKit's side.

Now, back to the point...

For the few big issues we are having with Safari, I'm going almost crazy,
trying to find a way to place the caret inside an empty element for editing.
To understand the problem, just try the following page:

http://www.fredck.com/bugs/safari/collapsed_select_test.html

This page works well with Firefox 2 and Opera 9.5 (minor issues with this
one).

Before opening a bug report for it, I'm coming to the mailing list for a
desperate call for help.

Does anyone know any weird hack to make the magic happen with Safari too?
I've tried hundreds of combinations, but none worked correctly.

Thanks for any help in this sense.

Fred

Frederico Caldeira Knabben
Project Manager, FCKeditor