[webkit-dev] WebKitQt build issue: pthread.h

KC Jones bernalkc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:07:36 PDT 2007

The Windows Qt build is busted for me.  Is this known, or have I muffed
something?  The compilation failure concerns pthread.h while compiling
.\WebCore\dom\Document.cpp:

[...]\WebKit\WebCore\platform\Threading.h(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'pthread.h': No such file or directory

The file Threading.h was introduced in revision 25416 on Sep 7.  I have
heard no mention of this problem on this list.  Is this a known bug?

I tried reverting to revision 25415 (after parsing through the update-webkit
script to do it by hand).  The release target built successfully but was
utterly unstable.  The debug target, surprisingly, didn't build at all --
didn't even get to the compilation stage.

Which makes me wonder...  Is there a roadmap for the WebKitQt project that I
have not seen on webkit.org?  Are there branches or labeled versions that
identify more stable source bases for various builds?  Is this an
appropriate forum for asking questions about the roadmap?  I'm trying to
evaluate using WebKit in an upcoming Qt-based product and need more info.

Cheers,
KC Jones
Leapfrog Enterprises