[webkit-dev] WebKit/Gtk+ and how to contribute

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Oct 31 07:12:41 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm glad the interest in WebKit/Gtk+ is so tremendous. While the
current state of the port is quite good there are still a lot of
things missing making it really kick ass. This includes Netscape
Plugins, keyboard navigation, zooming, styling, finishing an API,
networking improvements, etc.

So don't ask what WebKit/Gtk+ can do for you, but ask yourself what
you can do for WebKit/Gtk+. And luckily the answer is very simple!
File bugs and fix them!

1.) Filing bugs:
	Go to http://bugs.webkit.org and file bugs. Make sure to use the Gtk
keyword so we can easily query for Gtk+ bugs

2.) Fixing bugs:
	With Alp Toker we have a Gtk+ port reviewer and we have the lovely
Apple team that is very helpful as well and can review your changes.
We have Gtk+ people that can and will commit reviewed patches. Just
follow this guideline[1] and you will make the world a better place.

thanks and I look forward to commit your patches.

	z.

[1] http://webkit.org/coding/contributing.html