[webkit-dev] When the webkit can't find a font.

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Sat Oct 27 22:38:55 PDT 2007

On Oct 27, 2007, at 11:48 PM, Jushin wrote:

> I was thinking that when webkit can't find fonts specified in the
> webpage, then it will render page with the font that I specified in
> the preference.
> Is it right?

No, that is not right.  The "Standard" font in the Safari UI is
simply an initial font for the document.  It has nothing to do with
font fallback.  This is very different from Firefox for example,
whose "default font" is actually setting the CSS "serif" or "sans
serif" keyword values behind the scenes.

WebKit does have preference values for serif and sans-serif, but they
are not exposed in the Safari user interface.

dave