[webkit-dev] Does Webkit support cross-compilation?

David D. Kilzer ddkilzer at kilzer.net
Thu Oct 25 17:25:15 PDT 2007

Charles Woloszynski <charles.woloszynski at innocon.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get webkit/qt built for a PPC processor, using a cross-
> compiler.  I have Qt cross-compiled and running on the target machine.
>
> When I try to build the webkti for the PPC, I get an error with
> dftables.  Apparently, the build routine cross-compiled it instead of
> building it for the host platform.  I am guessing that I did not set
> up something correctly.    Below is the output and the QMAKESPEC.  I
> don't see how to set it up to know about a cross-compilation.
>
> Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I doubt anyone has tried to cross-compile WebKit Qt.  The dftables binary is
used to generate additional source files to compile, so you'll want that file
to be compiled natively even if you're cross-compiling everything else.  (Note
that the minidom, testapi and testkjs binaries you'll want to cross-compile
since they couldn't link against a cross-compiled JavaScriptCore library.)

I'd suggest filing a bug on http://bugs.webkit.org/ about the issue.  If you
have a fix, post a patch to the bug.  Thanks!

Dave