[webkit-dev] Error running Qt-launcher / safari

Amit Joshi joshi at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Oct 19 14:32:25 PDT 2007

After I was quite happy for being able to succesfully build the webkit
on winXp (qt) , I stumbled upon the next hurdle..ie. Launching
qt-launcher or safari with QtWebkit.dll

I am getting the following exception, possibly generated from
QtWebkit.dll

Access violation writing location 0x00000000.

Here are two ways I am trying to run the launcher
A) from Qt-command prompt - I do 'perl run-launcher
B) from Qt-command prompt - I do c:\safari\safari.exe
/frameworkPath:c:\ydev\webKit\webKitBuild\Release\bin

Both result in the application launch blowing up a MS error window,
without any other feedback;
The 'access violation' error I mentioned above is only seen once I do
'debug' inside the MS-error window.

I would really appreciate any help here..

Thanks in advance..

- Amit