[webkit-dev] CAC Support in AIR?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Oct 17 09:17:36 PDT 2007

On Oct 17, 2007, at 7:22 AM, Jim Leether wrote:

> I  have been building an AIR application for the US DOD since May
> and didn’t realize until moving my project up from the development
> box to the production box that Common Access Cards are not
> supported.  If my research is correct, I see that CAC is supported
> by the MAC OS-X version of Safari, but not the Windows version as of
> yet.  I also understand that Safari and Webkit aren’t the exact same
> thing.  Many of my cfc files and html content sits behind a CAC
> enabled site.  Is CAC support in the future of Webkit and AIR?

Common Access Card support is a feature of the networking layer, not
the browser engine. WebKit doesn't itself have a networking layer.

Different ports connect to the appropriate networking layer on each
platform. So the question of whether Common Access Cards are supported
are independent for Mac OS X, Windows, and AIR.

To make it clear that you'd like this feature for Windows, a bug
report at <http://bugreport.apple.com> would be welcome.

I don't know what the answer is for AIR; I'm not sure what the best
way to contact Adobe about this is.

     -- Darin