[webkit-dev] Branch Plan

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Oct 10 16:55:13 PDT 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 4:46 PM, Timothy Hatcher wrote:

> Might I suggest Safari-3-branch then? All of our other branches have
> a capital Safari.

Capital S sounds good to me.

On Oct 10, 2007, at 4:24 PM, Matt Lilek wrote:

> Perhaps "safari-3-branch" could be named "safari-3-apple" and then
> have an identical "safari-3-public" or "safari-3-ports" branch.
> This way all the branching would happen in one fell swoop and all
> the porters are on the same page as to which branches are which and
> such.
>
> Just my two cents.

Non-Apple branches probably shouldn't have "Safari" in the name. Maybe
WebKit-3-stable would be a good name for a community-managed shared
stable branch. If there was a shared such branch (as opposed to
individual vendor branches) then we'd have to figure out what the
checkin policy would be for such a branch.

Regards,
Maciej