[webkit-dev] Should we consider switching to git over svn?

Mike Hommey mh+webkit at glandium.org
Tue Oct 9 00:31:30 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 10:40:27PM -0700, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:

> >... and only follows the trunk, AFAICS. Whether you switch to git or
> >not, I'd like at least the feature-branch to be available in a git-svn
> >bridge.
> >
> Git has it's own svn bridge, if you add

I was talking about git://git.webkit.org/WebKit.git. I know how to use
git-svn, thanks ;)

Mike

PS: A note about the slowness of fetching the whole repository: this is most
probably due to the fact git-svn doesn't use git-fast-import to create its
objects, which means it forks a lot of git-hash-object and wastes a lot of
time doing so.