[webkit-dev] Should we consider switching to git over svn?

Brady Eidson beidson at apple.com
Mon Oct 8 22:48:25 PDT 2007

I think a 100% firm prerequisite is concise, precise, and novice-level
instructions on exactly how to use git in the context of WebKit
development.
As someone who has been living on git for a few weeks, I find many of
the conveniences to be great, and it is obviously very powerful.
But "steep learning curve" is an understatement - more like "throw out
your CVS and SVN experience, and relearn version control"

The potential is great, but think of the prospective developers who
are already (sadly) frustrated by the relatively tame learning curve
of SVN.

~Brady