[webkit-dev] platform/ reorganization

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Nov 28 13:33:58 PST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:

> Am 26.11.2007 um 19:18 schrieb Darin Adler:
>
>> On Nov 16, 2007, at 6:15 PM, David Hyatt wrote:
>>
>>> I'd vote for putting all of these files under platform/text (the
>>> bidi, font and text files) rather than creating three new
>>> subdirectories.
>>
>> As I mentioned in my other messages, I think the text drawing
>> source files should go inside the graphics directory. There's a
>> logical separation between just plain "text" and "text drawing" in
>> my opinion. There are enough non-drawing text files that I think we
>> could also have a text directory for the text-related files, but I
>> think that includes many that weren't listed in Nico's original mail.
>>
>>    -- Darin
>>

> Hi Darin & David,
>
> sorry for my absence - was quite busy during the last week.
> Proposal:
>
> - move Font* and Glyph* into platform/graphics
> - move Text* / Bidi* / Unicode* into platform/text (new directory)

Sounds like a good high level concept, but I'd also suggest:

     - TextStyle and StringTruncator should go into platform/graphics
     - String, StringImpl, AtomicString, CString, RegularExpression,
Base64, CharacterNames, and SegmentedString should go into platform/
text; also CharsetEntry, but into a mac subdirectory

It's OK if we don't move them all at once, but I think it would be
good to move as many as is practical all at once.

     -- Darin