[webkit-dev] Re: ProjectVision

Ryan Leavengood leavengood at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 14:04:24 PST 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 12:31 PM, Alp Toker <alp at atoker.com> wrote:
> http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/ProjectVision?action=diff&version=1
>
> Please revert this change until the topic has been discussed on the
> mailing list or bug tracker. You can't just make up a project vision
> like that.

For what it is worth I think most of what was laid out in the above
document is good. The project and web-site has a definite Apple/Safari
focus, and this will become a problem as the other platforms mature.
As one of the "lesser" platforms (Haiku) I think it would be good to
have the project more platform independent in its process and web-site
as much as the code.

> It would be great if the Qt developers could also make more use of the
> bug tracker and allow for peer review from the wider WebKit team.
> Unilateral commits by Qt guys have broken other builds recently wasting
> everyone's time.

I don't know if I have been affected by this too much, but I do agree
with this advice.

Regards,
Ryan