AW: [webkit-dev] WebKit and .net applications

Zoth, Jochen jochen.zoth at masterbit.com
Tue Nov 20 06:48:25 PST 2007

> If u have VS setup correctly, "cl.exe" will be on system PATH variable

It is on the path.

> You can place the Cygwin/bin path to the Windows system variable
"PATH"
> .. and restart VS IDE.. It should work..

Yeah, it works!

The WebKit PreBuild-Event commands did
"set PATH=%SystemDrive%\cygwin\bin;%PATH%"
but my Cygwin is installed to drive D.

I tested the Pre-Build commands manually and got another problem with
the following line:
"bash build-generated-files.sh "$(WebKitOutputDir)"
"$(WebKitLibrariesDir)""

cygpath: cannot create short name of $(WebKitOutputDir)
cygpath: can't convert empty path
cygpath: cannot create short name of $(WebKitLibrariesDir)
cygpath: can't convert empty path
/cygdrive/d/projects/WebKit/JAVASC~1/kjs/create_hash_table
/cygdrive/d/projects/WebKit/JAVASC~1/kjs/array_object.cpp -i >
array_object.lut.h
make: *** No rule to make target `/obj/JavaScriptCore/dftables.exe',
needed by `chartables.c'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Creating hashtable for
/cygdrive/d/projects/WebKit/JAVASC~1/kjs/array_object.cpp

But if I type "set", the two variables are set:
WebKitLibrariesDir=D:\projects\WebKit\WebKitLibraries
WebKitOutputDir=D:\projects\WebKit\WebKitBuild
(from windows command line)

WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR='D:\projects\WebKit\WebKitLibraries'
WEBKITOUTPUTDIR='D:\projects\WebKit\WebKitBuild'
(from Cygwin shell)

Jochen.

Master Bit GmbH
Kloster Arnsburg, 35423 Lich, Deutschland,
Geschäftsführer: Manfred Hill und Thomas Müller,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Gießen HRB 3182
http://www.masterbit.com