[webkit-dev] Controlling the User-agent string from a WebKit client

David Harrison harrison at apple.com
Mon Nov 19 08:27:38 PST 2007

Todd,

Here is something from WebView.h

/*!
     @method setCustomUserAgent:
     @abstract Set the user agent.
     @discussion Setting this means that the webView should use this
user-agent string
     instead of constructing a user-agent string for each URL. Setting
it to nil
     causes the webView to construct the user-agent string for each URL
     for best results rendering web pages.
     @param userAgentString The user agent description
*/
- (void)setCustomUserAgent:(NSString *)userAgentString;

There are a couple other user agent related APIs, too.

Dave