[webkit-dev] Re: Moving away from qmake

Alp Toker alp at atoker.com
Fri Nov 16 12:58:34 PST 2007

Alp Toker wrote:
> you have to build the whole of Qt just to get qmake, which takes over an
> hour and almost a gigabyte of disk space for me. That's at least 5 times
> as long as it takes to build the whole of JavaScriptCore, WebCore and
> WebKit.

Just to set the record straight, it turned out my bad experience
building Qt was with a debug build of a pre-release version from some
months ago. I hear building the whole thing is not so difficult, and
there is even a standalone qmake tarball available now.

My bad on that point. I think the rest of the discourse is still valid.