[webkit-dev] Leopard WebKit bundle version

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Tue Nov 13 18:25:06 PST 2007

On 14/11/2007, at 13:13, Dan Waylonis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Leopard, /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/
> Resources/Info.plist (excerpt):
>
>        <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
>         <string>5523.10.3</string>
>         <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
>         <string>5523.10.3</string>
>
> However, <http://developer.apple.com/internet/safari/uamatrix.html>
> says that it should be 523.10.3
>
> Who's right?  I've voting for a sticky "5" key on someone's
> keyboard... :-)

They're both correct.  The "Safari and WebKit Version Information"
page provides information about the build numbers that appear in the
user agent string.  The build number in the user agent string is
derived from, but not identical to, the value of CFBundleVersion on
the WebKit framework.  It currently consists of the CFBundleVersion
with the leading digit removed.

Kind regards,

Mark Rowe