[webkit-dev] Safari & Correctly Setting No-Cache via HTML

Richard Glaser richard at scl.utah.edu
Thu Nov 1 16:54:12 PDT 2007

Hello Dave:

I tried Safari 3.0.4 on 10.5, does that count?  If so, the problem
still exists.

Does Safari ignore the Meta tag for Expires if there is an Expires
header?  For example:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 20:55:21 GMT
Server: Jetty/4.2.9 (Windows 2003/5.2 x86 java/1.4.2)
Expiresabsolute: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:25:21 MST
max-age: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:25:21 MST
Expires: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:25:21 GMT

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache">

Is Safari paying attention to Expires header and ignoring the meta
tag?  Our webapp lets us customize it with XSLT and I'm not entirely
sure we have the ability to set the headers (by editing the java code).

richard at scl.utah.edu
801-585-8016