[webkit-dev] Error compiling WebKit COM part

Mugdha Jain MugdhaJain at smarttech.com
Thu May 31 15:57:09 PDT 2007

I've got these messages from VC8 compiler while compiling WebKit:

WebFrameLoaderClient.h(49) : error C2039: 'PageCache' : is not a member
of 'WebCore'
WebFrame.h: error C2259: 'WebFrameLoaderClient': cannot instantiate
abstract Class <methods listed that should be implemented>
WebFrame.cpp: error C2259: 'ChromeClientWin': cannot instantiate
abstract class <methods listed that should be implemented>
WebFrame.cpp: error C2259: 'ContextMenuClientWin': cannot instantiate
abstract class <methods listed that should be implemented>
WebFrame.cpp: error C2259: 'EditorClientWin': cannot instantiate
abstract class <methods listed that should be implemented>
WebFrame.cpp: error C2259: 'ContextMenuClientWin': cannot instantiate
abstract class <methods listed that should be implemented>

Can anyone help me getting it compiled?

Are there any milestone (stable, may be older) branches which compile
well on Windows? I have used svn co and followed all the steps
documented in
http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/BuildingOnWindows.

Thanks,

Mugdha