[webkit-dev] Question about porting webkit

David D. Kilzer ddkilzer at kilzer.net
Sun May 27 09:33:38 PDT 2007

"Jin, Yihua" <jyh.hsc at 163.com> wrote:

>     Based on my understanding, the webcore of webkits using KHTML as its main
> rendering engine, and KHTML is from KDE/Qt library, So if webkit will be port
> to some platform, then that one must support KDE/Qt, am I right?

No.  You will have to provide your own interface code, but that doesn't mean it
has to be KDE/Qt.

> Another question is I found both Apple and Nokia add a KWQ part to the
> webcore, what's the main function of this part?

KWQ was Apple's "port" of Qt so they could interface with KHTML.  More info
here:

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/hyatt/WebCore/chapter2.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KWQ
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=kwq+khtml&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8