[webkit-dev] Adding New Layout Tests

David D. Kilzer ddkilzer at kilzer.net
Thu May 24 18:03:58 PDT 2007

Reem Yazigi <reemyazigi at hotmail.com> wrote:

> 1- Are the expected-results files browser dependent?

The expected results files are simply text, but there are two basic types:
render tree dumps and text dumps.  The render tree dumps will be different for
each platform, while the text dumps should be the same (or much closer).

> (are the ones "run-webkit-tests" creates for Qt identical
> to the ones it creates for Safari?

No.

> Do I have to change that if I want to run the tests for gdk?)

Yes, but run-webkit-tests has a way to save results in a different directory
structure, which is what Qt is doing.

> 2- When I run the "run-webkit-tests" for Qt, 238 test cases
> get skipped and only about 4100 get executed! I believe they're
> about 7700 on Safari!! Why is it that different?

Because not all of the tests are working on Qt yet.

> 3- Is there any parameter that needs to be passed to the
> "run-webkit-tests" script or to the "DumpRenderTree" in order
> to specify the browser's window dimensions?? I'm actually getting
> different results when I run "run-webkit-tests" for Qt on
> different devices!!

I don't know about Qt, but the dimensions are hard-coded in the
DumpRenderTree.m source file for the native Mac version (800x600).

> I couldn't access the IRC channel!! Is it still available?

The #webkit channel on irc.freenode.net?  http://webkit.org/contact.html

Dave