[webkit-dev] Re: Running Layout Tests on Linux

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Wed May 9 15:39:23 PDT 2007

(I'm moving this thread to webkit-dev, which is the appropriate
mailing list for questions/discussion about the development of WebKit
itself)

On May 9, 2007, at 3:03 PM, Reem Yazigi wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Could any of you get to a script that can run the Layout Tests of
> WebKit on Linux?
> I could run the "run-webkit-tests" script on Mac, but I couldn't
> run it on Linux!! It looks like it has some Mac OS system calls...
> Any idea about the solution?

    run-webkit-tests essentially just drives DumpRenderTree, which is
an application that runs each individual test. So far, I believe
DumpRenderTree is only available for the Mac and Qt platforms. If you
are building WebKit on Qt, you should be able to use run-webkit-tests
without problems (we have a bot that does this regularly at http://
build.webkit.org/). If you are trying to run the WebKit tests on some
other platform (e.g., Gdk), you'll need to port DumpRenderTree first.
The source for DumpRenderTree is in WebKitTools/DumpRenderTree, which
you can see here http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/browser/trunk/
WebKitTools/DumpRenderTree.

-Adam