[webkit-dev] Proposal: feature branch

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue May 8 23:32:22 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

The WebKit tree has been locked down for stabilization for a long
time, and I think there is a desire to work on features and less
essential bug fixes. It would be bad to hold this up indefinitely as
stabilization continues. I propose we create a branch (tentative
name: "feature-branch") where feature work, as well as non-critical
compliance, compatibility and performance work can go.

We would still use normal review policy so that changes could be
merged to trunk in the future without additional review.

To make this work well, we'd need a buildbot tracking the branch, and
maybe even separate nightly builds once there is interesting stuff in
there.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Maciej