[webkit-dev] WebKit coverage (a little welcome present)

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Fri May 4 14:48:59 PDT 2007

Hey,

I adjusted, updated and improved my gcov scripts and let it run on
the WebKit repository. Leopard will probably have something more
visually appealing but for everyone not at Apple this http://
www.openembedded.org/~zecke/coverage/webkit/mac/index.html might look
interesting.

The commands that were run:

WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit GCC_GENERATE_TEST_COVERAGE_FILES=YES
GCC_INSTRUMENT_PROGRAM_FLOW_ARCS=YES EXTRA_LINK=" -ftest-coverage -
fprofile-arcs" OTHER_CFLAGS=" -MD " OTHER_LDFLAGS=" -ftest-coverage -
fprofile-arcs -framework AppKit"
WebKitTools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests
WebKitTools/Scripts/run-javascriptcore-tests
GCC_GENERATE_TEST_COVERAGE_FILES=YES
GCC_INSTRUMENT_PROGRAM_FLOW_ARCS=YES EXTRA_LINK=" -ftest-coverage -
fprofile-arcs" OTHER_CFLAGS=" -MD " OTHER_LDFLAGS=" -ftest-coverage -
fprofile-arcs -framework AppKit"

Open issues:
Some files get compiled but are not executed so no .gcda,.gcna get
generated. I could guess the line numbers and add them to the
statistic. I could ignore these files, or just list them.

So is that of interest for anyone?

kind regards
   z.